We offered female users of Badoo.com, the global social network and dating site, a choice of 10 different chat-up lines from Hollywood movies to use as “ice-breakers” for starting an online conversation with a man.
We then measured two things:
a.) Which line was picked most often by women.
b.) Which had the best response-rate from men.
The most picked line was “I don’t bite you know… unless it’s called for” by Audrey Hepburn; the one that got the best response was “I’d like to kiss you but I just washed my hair” by Bette Davis.
“I don’t bite you know… unless it’s called for. ”
– Audrey Hepburn’s line to Cary Grant in the film “Charade” was most picked
This generated traffic, links and buzz for Badoo, helping fuel its continued growth.
This was just one of a many successful studies and stunts conducted by Think Inc for Badoo and helping it grow to over 180 million registered users.
“What Think Inc’s Peter Freedman does is unique. He is a master at creating online buzz, which spreads globally. He has done so repeatedly for big brands, like craigslist and Badoo.”
– Amit Shafrir, President, Badoo.com
- Time, Huffington Post, AOL
- Daily Mail, Daily Express, Independent
- NBC, CBS, ITN
- Boston Globe, Toronto Sun, Edmonton Sun, etc
- AFP Relax, ANI
- Pravda, Times of India, Irish Indepedent, Irish Sun
- Leading media everywhere from Brazil to Kazakhstan
- And hundreds more across the world