What We Did
In order to win coverage for Lulu.com, we invented an international language for football and published the result on Lulu in a book called “Socceranto: Birth Of A Language” at the time of the World Cup.
“Think Inc. has shown again and again that it’s better to have a good PR idea than a huge budget…”
– Bob Young, CEO, Lulu.com; co-founder, Red Hat
Googling “Socceranto” at one point gave 98,000 results.
Coverage helped Lulu’s traffic grow almost seven-fold in 18 months, while its business grew over 10% a month.
“Punish the Fliegenfanger, banish the Rustico, curse the Baggio and pray for a Fantasista. ”
– Reuters article on Socceranto
- Reuters, CNN, Yahoo!,
- BBC TV – both UK and worldwide
- The Guardian, Daily Mirror, The (London) Evening Standard
- The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Fox Sports
- National media in Canada, Australia, Argentina, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Kenya, etc.
- Russian TV, Spanish TV, etc